- Intakes September
- Course Duration 36 months
Develop the advanced knowledge and skills required to become a confident fashion designer with a clear style identity on our BA (Hons) Fashion Design course at UCA Rochester.
With access to the latest technology, including a Gerber suite for computerised pattern development, you’ll master all the skills you need to come up with creative fashion visions and bring them to life.
We pride ourselves on having no specific house style, so you’ll have the freedom to establish your own design identity, supported by a community of like-minded peers and a team of professional staff with a wealth of industry experience.
As part of the course, you’ll tackle briefs from brands such as Reiss, Warehouse and Tommy Hilfiger and be given the chance to show off your work at high-profile international events. You’ll also enter your work in competitions; previous students have achieved success at Graduate Fashion Week, and in many other national and international fashion design contests.
Our Fashion Design degree enjoys an international reputation. We’ve forged strong connections with many high-profile brands, including:
- Alexander McQueen
- Jenny Packham
- Jonathan Saunders
- Roksanda Ilinic
- Roland Mouret.
- Academic Requirements (International Qualifications)
- International Baccalaureate 27-30 total points in the IB Diploma with at least 15 IB points at Higher level.
- A levels 112 new UCAS tariff points
- Academic Requirements (Country-Specific)
- India HSC/Standard XII from CBSE or ISC national boards with an overall average of 60% or above.
- Indonesia Indonesian D4/D3 Diploma OR Indonesian D2 Diploma OR A transcript showing successful completion of year 1 of a Bachelor’s degree (Strata 1) from a recognised Indonesian university with overall GPA 2.75.
- Malaysia Three Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM/Malaysia Higher School Certificate) qualifications with grades A-C OR Malaysian Diploma OR Malaysian Advanced Diploma OR Malaysian Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) Senior Middle Level with 5 subjects of grades A1-B5.
- Taiwan A transcript showing successful completion of one year of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Taiwanese university with 70% OR Associate degree / Junior College Diploma.
- Thailand A transcript showing successful completion of one year of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Thai university with GPA 2.5 OR Thai Advanced Diploma / Associate Degree.
- Vietnam A transcript showing successful completion of one year of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Vietnamese university with 6/10 OR Vietnamese College Diploma / Associate degree.
- English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS for UKVI 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in all bands)
Falkner Rd, Farnham GU9 7DS, United Kingdom
UCA’s Fashion Design degree enjoys an international reputation, and our graduates have progressed into a variety of rewarding careers – from design and illustration to pattern cutting and garment technology, and with leading fashion companies all over the world. These include:
- Comme Des Garçons
- Max Mara
- Stella McCartney
- River Island
- Karen Millen.
Documents Required for Application
- Copies of the passport and any previous study visas
- Academic certificate and transcript(s) of secondary/undergraduate education
- Score report of English language proficiency qualification IELTS for UKVI / IELTS
- Personal Statement
- Work experience letter (if any)
- Certificates of any additional courses or activities (if any)
- Tuition fees (full course) US$ 65,001 - 70,000