- Intakes September
- Course Duration 36 months
Our BA (Hons) Fine Art degree course at UCA Canterbury will support you to build on your creative passions, gain new skills, experiment, and fine-tune your work, interests and thinking.
We want you to work with curiosity, develop ideas and themes, and consolidate your practice. With the support of our staff, you’ll experiment with a range of traditional and contemporary media, including painting, sculpture, installation, photography, film, sound, performance, animation and printmaking.
You’ll also develop a deep theoretical and critical understanding of Fine Art, and learn business and self-promotion skills. There will be plenty of opportunities to meet other students, make friends and to build a professional network that will give you a strong foundation on which to build your career.
This course will give you a wealth of transferable skills, distinguished by your creativity, ability to cope with change and hardworking, flexible attitude to work.
As a long-established course, we have a developed Kent wide network which gives our students access to some of the most respected names in the creative industries, including:
- Turner Contemporary Margate
- Folkestone Triennial
- Dover Arts Development
- Stour Valley Creative Partnership
- Whitstable Biennale
- Canterbury Cathedral.
- Academic Requirements (International Qualifications)
- International Baccalaureate 27-30 total points in the IB Diploma with at least 15 IB points at Higher level.
- A levels 112 new UCAS tariff points
- Academic Requirements (Country-Specific)
- India HSC/Standard XII from CBSE or ISC national boards with an overall average of 60% or above.
- Indonesia Indonesian D4/D3 Diploma OR Indonesian D2 Diploma OR A transcript showing successful completion of year 1 of a Bachelor’s degree (Strata 1) from a recognised Indonesian university with overall GPA 2.75.
- Malaysia Three Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM/Malaysia Higher School Certificate) qualifications with grades A-C OR Malaysian Diploma OR Malaysian Advanced Diploma OR Malaysian Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) Senior Middle Level with 5 subjects of grades A1-B5.
- Taiwan A transcript showing successful completion of one year of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Taiwanese university with 70% OR Associate degree / Junior College Diploma.
- Thailand A transcript showing successful completion of one year of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Thai university with GPA 2.5 OR Thai Advanced Diploma / Associate Degree.
- Vietnam A transcript showing successful completion of one year of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Vietnamese university with 6/10 OR Vietnamese College Diploma / Associate degree.
- English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS for UKVI 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in all bands)
Falkner Rd, Farnham GU9 7DS, United Kingdom
While many of our alumni have developed careers as established artists, others have chosen to apply their talents to other fields, becoming:
- Artist practitioners
- Project managers
- Writers photographers
- Arts administrators
- Technical instructors
- Picture/archive researchers.
Documents Required for Application
- Copies of the passport and any previous study visas
- Academic certificate and transcript(s) of secondary/undergraduate education
- Score report of English language proficiency qualification IELTS for UKVI / IELTS
- Personal Statement
- Work experience letter (if any)
- Certificates of any additional courses or activities (if any)
- Tuition fees (full course) US$ 65,001 - 70,000