- Intakes September
- Course Duration 36 months
Images – both moving and still – provide visual storytelling everywhere we look, from feature films and adverts to smartphone apps. On our BA (Hons) Illustration & Animation course, you’ll gain the skills to tell those stories.
Taught at UCA Canterbury, our course has a strong focus on the social and cultural contexts for illustration. We will give you the skills and confidence to become an adaptable and independent maker, with critical thinking at the core of what you do.
You’ll have access to specialist tools and industry-standard software as you learn processes including printmaking, bookmaking, letterpress, animation and moving image, 3D work (including ceramics, spatial practices and three-dimensional design), photography and darkroom processes.
You will also have opportunities to take part in live industry briefs, competitions and extra-curricular projects, and to make the most of our many industry links to gain experience and build your network.
Graduates have gone on to enjoy careers in fields such as digital media, filmmaking, set and spatial design, and website design.
We have a full programme of visiting designers and lecturers that give valuable insight into industry and professional practice such as recent guests Bob and Roberta Smith, Le Gun and Why not Associates.
- Academic Requirements (International Qualifications)
- International Baccalaureate 27-30 total points in the IB Diploma with at least 15 IB points at Higher level.
- A levels 112 new UCAS tariff points
- Academic Requirements (Country-Specific)
- India HSC/Standard XII from CBSE or ISC national boards with an overall average of 60% or above.
- Indonesia Indonesian D4/D3 Diploma OR Indonesian D2 Diploma OR A transcript showing successful completion of year 1 of a Bachelor’s degree (Strata 1) from a recognised Indonesian university with overall GPA 2.75.
- Malaysia Three Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM/Malaysia Higher School Certificate) qualifications with grades A-C OR Malaysian Diploma OR Malaysian Advanced Diploma OR Malaysian Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) Senior Middle Level with 5 subjects of grades A1-B5.
- Taiwan A transcript showing successful completion of one year of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Taiwanese university with 70% OR Associate degree / Junior College Diploma.
- Thailand A transcript showing successful completion of one year of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Thai university with GPA 2.5 OR Thai Advanced Diploma / Associate Degree.
- Vietnam A transcript showing successful completion of one year of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised Vietnamese university with 6/10 OR Vietnamese College Diploma / Associate degree.
- English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS for UKVI 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in all bands)
Falkner Rd, Farnham GU9 7DS, United Kingdom
Our graduates develop rewarding careers in:
- Books and editorial
- Digital media
- Public Arts
- Postgraduate studies
- Set and spatial design
- Production and post-production
- Art direction
- Web and broadcast design.
Documents Required for Application
- Copies of the passport and any previous study visas
- Academic certificate and transcript(s) of secondary/undergraduate education
- Score report of English language proficiency qualification IELTS for UKVI / IELTS
- Personal Statement
- Work experience letter (if any)
- Certificates of any additional courses or activities (if any)
- Tuition fees (full course) US$ 65,001 - 70,000