- Intakes January, March, May, July, September
- Course Duration 6 months
The Foundation Diploma in Infocomm Technology (FDICT) allows for a career in a wide range of industries, and/or for students aiming for a Higher Education qualification in a subject area allied to Infocomm Technology. This Foundation Diploma may lead to employment in a role requiring some personal responsibility but within a mainly supervised context. Students are encouraged to bring their own laptops for practicing laboratory practical exercises.
The aim of the Foundation Diploma in Infocomm Technology (FDICT) programme is to prepare students in creative and computational thinking, study, writing, communication, and numeracy skills. FDICT provides a strong foundation in programming and IT fundamentals. Students can make an informed choice in selecting from five (5) Infocomm Technology (ICT) specializations such as:
i. Information Technology (IT)
ii. Computer Science
iii. Data Analytics, Data Science and Analytics
iv. Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity and Networks
v. Information Security and Digital Forensics
FDICT aims to give students the best possible preparation to commence a career in one of a wide range of industries and prepare students for further study. Graduates of the course will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic underlying academic concepts and principles associated with the broader discipline of Infocomm Technology.
The aims to provide students with:
- The eligibility to progress into the Diploma programme.
- An understanding of basic theories and concepts of the subject area, and the ability to communicate these accurately to a range of peers.
- Gain skills that can be used in a wide range of situations and contexts.
Whilst the Foundation Diploma in Infocomm Technology may be a first step towards obtaining the Diploma in a choice of interested discipline, holders of the Foundation Diploma will be equipped to enter employment in a role requiring some personal responsibility but within a mainly supervised context.
- Completion of Year 10 middle-high school qualification or equivalent qualification from respective home countries
English Language Requirement
- Achieved grade D7 or better in the English language in the GCE ‘O’ level
- Passed in the English Language in Year 10 High School qualification or equivalent
- Achieved IELTS 5.0/TOEFL 500
- Completed LSBF Preparatory Course in English Intermediate Level
- Successfully pass LSBF English Placement Test
Minimum Age Requirement
- 17 years or above
London School of Business and Finance @ GB Building
Documents Required for Application
- Copies of your passport and any previous study visas
- Academic certificate and transcript(s) for your secondary education
- Scores report of English language proficiency qualification ( IELTS / TOFEL / PTE / CAE )
- Work experience letter (if any)
- Certificates of any additional courses or activities (if any)
- Tuition fees (full course) US$ 1,000 - 5,000