- Intakes September
- Course Duration 12 months
With an emphasis on research and problem-solving, our MA Graphic Design course at UCA Epsom will give you, as a graphic designer, the tools and confidence to develop your practice as a skilled professional communicator.
Our priority on this course is to ensure that your work comes from a place of informed and independent research and that you master your own unique style and visual language within graphic design.
On this course, you’ll explore different applications of visual language and how it relates to your area of specialism. In the process, you’ll enhance your understanding of the aesthetic and commercial value of your work, and build professional experience that will make your practice more innovative.
Benefitting from our course staff’s extensive industry links, you’ll also have the chance to foster relationships with industry partners within your area of specialism. UCA is proud to boast connections with a range of organisations including the BBC, FutureBrand, GF Smith and Typocircle.
Through guest lectures, live briefs and opportunities to network with industry experts, you’ll gain current experience of the design industry, learning how to present both yourself and your design work in a professional arena.
Please note – this course will be moving to UCA Farnham for 2022 entry.
You’ll benefit from well-established industry links with corporate, media, cultural and creative organisations.
Our course has links with:
- Design Bridge
- Pearlfisher (design group)
- The Brewery
- The BBC
We also have regular guest lecturers and recent guests have included:
- Richard Williams – Founder of Williams Murray Hamm
- Tim Perkins – Group Director of Design Bridge
- Philip Carter – Founder of Carter Wong Tomlin
- Helen Healy – Picture Editor for the Guardian newspaper.
- Academic Requirements
- Successful completion of your Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS for UKVI 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in all bands)
Falkner Rd, Farnham GU9 7DS, United Kingdom
MA Graphic Design alumni go on to work in a diverse variety of exciting careers. Employment opportunities include:
- Graphic design
- Museum design
- Web or interactive design
- Picture editing
- Freelance design or illustration
- Brand design
- Packaging design
- Retail design
- Art direction
- Design management.
Documents Required for Application
- Copies of the passport and any previous study visas
- Academic certificate and transcript(s) of secondary/undergraduate education
- Score report of English language proficiency qualification IELTS for UKVI / IELTS
- Personal Statement
- Work experience letter (if any)
- Certificates of any additional courses or activities (if any)
- Tuition fees (full course) US$ 20,001 - 25,000