- Intakes September
- Course Duration 12 months
Do you want to take your knowledge of interior design to the next level? To become an expert in approaching and solving complex design challenges? Then our MA Interior Design course at UCA Canterbury will empower you to reach your goals.
This course, within its stimulating, creative and supportive environment, will see you formulate an individual approach to spatial design. Through research-led practice and experimental design, you will be able to demonstrate your expertise in your chosen field of interest, showcase your designed outcomes and design work that is a unique expression of yourself.
This degree can be a launchpad to potential higher level interior design careers. Specialist areas you might choose to focus on in your projects include interaction design, VR, immersive events, retail or specialist fabrication. You can work with interesting heritage and sustainability questions, engaging with both contemporary technology and traditional craft, digital and ‘real’ space.
You will be taught through one-to-one tuition, seminars and self-directed study in designated studio space, engaging with academics who offer expert research intelligence. The course includes regular reviews with visiting critics from across relevant industry sectors and international study visits.
On this challenging journey, you’ll develop your research, conceptual, self-management, technical and communication skills, and graduate well-equipped to enter the global market.
We’ve got extensive contacts across the range of interior design disciplines. Live projects, research analysis and feasibility studies will draw on our wide range of contacts and associations.
Connections include specialists in the related fields of audio-visual technologies, lighting design and interactive design.
Recent guest lecturers have included:
- David Callcott, CADA Design, retail and leisure design consultants (London and Hyderabad, India)
- Emma Vane, Production Designer for Atonement, the Harry Potter series, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and Captain America: The First Avenger
- Finlay White, ModCell, sustainable construction
- Mick Pearce, award-winning international architect (Title: Bio-mimicry and the 3rd industrial revolution)
- Phil Hughes, Ralph Appelbaum Associates, museum and exhibition designers (London, New York, Beijing)
- Uwe R. Brückner, Atelier Brückner, exhibition design (Stuttgart, Germany).
- Academic Requirements
- Successful completion of your Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS for UKVI 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in all bands)
Falkner Rd, Farnham GU9 7DS, United Kingdom
Career opportunities exist within design or architectural consultancies in retail, leisure, exhibition, office, hotel, residential and cruise ship design, as well as in the fields of design management, interior or film-set design.
Our course has a strong ecological focus with opportunities for engaging with both the theoretical and practical aspects of real-world sustainability.
Documents Required for Application
- Copies of the passport and any previous study visas
- Academic certificate and transcript(s) of secondary/undergraduate education
- Score report of English language proficiency qualification IELTS for UKVI / IELTS
- Personal Statement
- Work experience letter (if any)
- Certificates of any additional courses or activities (if any)
- Tuition fees (full course) US$ 20,001 - 25,000