- Intakes September
- Course Duration 12 months
Take your design work to the next level on our MA Visual Communication degree at UCA Canterbury, and become a cultural innovator who can use your work to entertain, inform and persuade.
On this course, you’ll explore the ways in which you can convey messages and meaning through a diverse range of media – from print and motion to digital – and you’ll be encouraged to develop new skills to strengthen and inform your design practice.
You’ll learn to approach design as an agent of change – a strategy for positively transforming behaviours in desirable and sustainable ways.
You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with other members of our creative community and enhance your work in the areas needed to become a creative leader within the field of visual communication – an area that spans print media, user experience, motion design, web design, exhibition design and advertising.
MA Visual Communication is designed to help you develop your identity as an author and innovator, equipping you with the skills and knowledge to identify and solve design problems within cross-disciplinary environments, including traditional and digital printmaking, moving image suites and 3D studios.
Led by Hugh Harwood and a team of experienced professional designers with connections at the highest level of industry – including Slawa Harasymowicz and Vida Vega – you’ll learn through a range of lectures, project briefs, workshops, written assignments, group critiques and individual tutorials.
Visual Communication facilities include dedicated studios with space for both personal and group working; digital media suites with Macs programmed with the latest industry design software including, Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro, Soundtrack Pro and Autodesk Maya. We have photography studios and processing and printing darkrooms for black and white film-based photography; printmaking studios with access to lithography, screen-printing, etching and relief printing.
- Academic Requirements
- Successful completion of your Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS for UKVI 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in all bands)
Falkner Rd, Farnham GU9 7DS, United Kingdom
Documents Required for Application
- Copies of the passport and any previous study visas
- Academic certificate and transcript(s) of secondary/undergraduate education
- Score report of English language proficiency qualification IELTS for UKVI / IELTS
- Personal Statement
- Work experience letter (if any)
- Certificates of any additional courses or activities (if any)
- Tuition fees (full course) US$ 20,001 - 25,000