Singapore is one of popular study destination for Indian students, majority of them enrolled course in higher education. STEM courses (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) are the top preferences for Indian students, followed by management, accountancy and other courses. (Source: Indian Today)
How to Apply a Singapore University
There are seven steps to the Singapore university application
- Step 1 – Choose your course and university
- Step 2 – Submit your application
- Step 3 – Submit the required application documents
- Step 4 – Receive your admission decision
- Step 5 – Accept offer letter
- Step 6 – Apply for the student visa (Read our information on the Singapore Student Visa to make sure you are aware of the requirements in advance)
- Step 7 – Arrive in Singapore
Entry Requirements at Singapore Universities for Indian Students
University application requirements are vary depending on the course and the university you choose. The following is only general guidance of the university entry requirements to study in a Singapore university. In Singapore, most undergraduate Bachelor’s degrees are three to four years courses, and postgraduate master degrees are usually one year.
Undergraduate Course for Indian Students
Most universities in Singapore accept Indian Certificate of Secondary Education – Standard 12 (CBSE, ISC, Other State Boards). The admission requirements are vary depending on the universities and the course you choose. For the higher-ranking universities such as NTU, you may need to achieve at least 90% in all subjects for your Standard 12 Board exam.
Other international qualifications such as the International Baccalaureate Diploma are also accepted for direct admission to undergraduate courses at Singapore universities.
If English is not the medium of instruction of your studies in high school or you take it as a 2nd language, you will need to have a TOEFL or IELTS score.
Postgraduate Course for Indian Students
Most Singapore universities accept Indian students who have completed a Bachelor degree. The grades are depending on the course and university you are applying.
TOEFL or IELTS score is required if English is not the medium of prior undergraduate instruction. Generally, the score is IELTS 6.5 to 7.0 equivalent. Some universities need students to have a GMAT or GRE score.
Indian Students Living in Singapore
As an Indian student studying in Singapore, you will have lots of Indian friends, societies and events to enjoy.
- The Indians are Singapore’s third-largest ethnic group, and the community here boasts one of the largest overseas Indian populations.
- Deepavali is celebrated in Singapore and is one of Singapore’s public holiday.
- Little India is one of the top-rated tourist attractions in Singapore. Deepavali celebration events and festival light show is an excellent time to visit.
- Little India also is the place you can find lots of Indian restaurants and groceries.
- Indian heritage center offers year-round exhibitions, programmes and activities to of Indian heritage, arts and culture.